It’s a high fat cake. It turns out to be moist and firm. It’s simple to make, perfect for afternoon or evening tea parties. It can be flavoured, coloured in different beautiful colours. It can be used as base cake for compound cakes.
- Refined flour – 100 grams
- Butter – 80 grams
- Sugar – 87 grams
- Salt – .75 grams
- Eggs – 50 grams
- Vanilla extract – 1.5 ml
- Baking powder – 4 grams
- Milk – 100 grams
- Cream toghther butter, sugar and salt .
- Now add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture
- Now add flour and baking powder mixture, alternating with milk just mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Drop the cake mixture
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 18 mins.