- Refined flour – 150 grams
- Butter – 150 grams
- Brown Sugar – 100 grams
- Castor sugar – 50
- Eggs – 200 grams
- Baking powder – 5 grams
- Soaked dry fruits – 100 grams
- Ginger powder – 5 grams
- Cinnamon powder – 3 grams
- Nutmeg powder – 3 grams
- Caramel colour – 5 ml
- Mixed fruit jam – 10 grams
- Cocoa powder – 5 grams
- Cream toghther butter, sugar and salt .
- Now add egg to the mixture
- Combine flour, all spices, cocoa powder and baking powder .
- Add soaked fruits to the flour mixture
- Add jam to the butter sugar mixture.
- Now add flour and colour . do not over mix.
- Drop the cake mixture on prepared pan
- Bake in double boiler and put sliver foil on top.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 30 mins.
PROCEDURE to soak dry fruits
- Take dry fruits of your choice.
- In a bowl preferably put your fruits and add brandy or beer
- Enough to cover the fruits.
- Soak for 9 months or a year but if in hurry atleast a week.