Pound cake refers to a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Pound cakes are generally baked in either a loaf pan or a Bundt mold, and served either dusted with powdered sugar, lightly glazed, or sometimes with a coat of icing.
- Refined flour – 100 grams
- Butter – 100 grams
- Sugar – 100 grams
- Eggs – 100 grams
- Vanilla extract – 2 grams
For chocolate pound cake
- Cocoa powder – 25 grams
- Baking soda – .8 grams
- Water – 25 grams
Rest all ingredients remain same. Add water alternating with flour and baking soda mixture.
- Cream toghther butter and sugar
- Now add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture
- Now add flour just mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Drop the cake mixture
Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 50-60 mins.